The IMPRS aims to promote gender equality. This includes the following measures:
- gender equality in the members of the Faculty, the Managing Board and TACs
- gender equality in the selection of IMPRS PhD students
- gender equality in teaching
- use of equal opportunity resources at Friedrich Schiller University Jena and especially the Graduate Academy
- special mentoring for female PhD students
- financial support for child care and technical assistants/student assistants for lab work during pregnancy and maternity protection
- use of gender-neutral language
Each participating institution also has its own equality plan.
See also the “Guide for career advancement with equal opportunities” and the “Code of conduct. Protection against sexualized discrimination, harassment and violence” by Max Planck Society.