The IMPRS aims to promote gender equality. This includes the following measures:
- gender equality in the members of the Faculty, the Managing Board and TACs
- gender equality in the selection of IMPRS PhD students
- gender equality in teaching
- use of equal opportunity resources at Friedrich Schiller University Jena and especially the Graduate Academy
- special mentoring for female PhD students
- financial support for child care and technical assistants/student assistants for lab work during pregnancy and maternity protection
- use of gender-neutral language
Each participating institution also has its own equality plan.
See also the “A career in science at Max Planck. A guide to career advancement with equal opportunities” and the “Code of conduct. Protection against sexualized discrimination, harassment and violence” by Max Planck Society.